What’s a Comp?
Comp is an abbreviation for comparable. In real estate, if you price your house too high, no bites. If you price it too low, you leave money on the table. Just like in real estate, if you’re selling an item, you need to know what the competition is selling their similar item for, and what prices similar items have already sold for. The key to find Ebay comps is to look in the right place.
Where to Find Ebay Comps
You could type a description in the Ebay search bar. The problem with that is you’re only going to get results for items that are currently for sale. If you want to get a better picture of the value of your item, you’ll have to look in the sold listings. This is how you search the sold listings to find Ebay comps:
- Go to Ebay’s website and type in a brief description of your item in the search bar. Hit the enter/return key or the search button.
- After the page loads the results, look at the left sidebar and scroll down until you see “Show Only”.
- Under “Show Only”, select “sold listings” and wait for the page to refresh.
- Look for the most similar or exact item that you’re searching for.
- Once you find the item, click on the description underneath the picture.
- After the page refreshes, you will find all of the relevant information to the right of the item’s picture. The original listing will be toward the bottom of the page.
- If you’d like to see all of the pictures for that particular listing, scroll back up and click on the picture.
- After the page refreshes, scroll down and click on or hover over the pictures for a bigger view.
Pretty simple, huh? If you would like to learn how to find an Ebay comp for an item that has been sold as best offer (original asking price will appear with a line through it), read this post. Happy listing!
View More Ebay Tutorials
As always, hit me up with comments & questions in the comment box below. Click the icons below the post to follow & like, and if you like it, pay it forward by using the share button!
Join the Tribe
Subscribe to the FREE course. You will have access to videos & guides on things that all beginner sellers should know. All for the FREE!