Create a Codeless Coupon
Are you a newbie seller to eBay? Have you been looking for a way to attract new customers and turn customers into returning customers? If so, create a codeless coupon! As an eBay newbie, you probably have a ton of questions; one of them being, “How do I get more traffic to my eBay store?” Well, one great idea is to offer a codeless coupon to your customers.
Advertise Your Coupon
It’s good practice to make use of your packing slips by including a message that thanks your customers for their purchase. This is also a great time to invite them back to your store by offering them an incentive, a discount, on their next purchase. Once you create a codeless coupon, you can include the link on your packing slip along with the specifications of your offer. So, are you ready to learn how to create the codeless coupon?! Good.
Step-by-Step Guide on How-to Create a Codeless Coupon on eBay:
- Go to your “seller hub” and click on the “marketing” tab at the top left side of the screen.
- From the dropdown menu, choose “promotions”.
- Click the blue “create a promotion” tab on the top right side of the screen.
- From the dropdown menu, choose “codeless coupon”.
- Section 1 lets you choose which type of offer conditions and discounts.
- You then choose whether to offer a dollar amount off discount or a percentage off discount.
- Section 2 lets you choose which items you want to be included in the offer. You can select to choose your inventory by setting inclusion and exclusion rules, by sku numbers, or by item ids. If you have already set up store categories in your store, then choosing to “restrict inventory by rules” will be the easiest way because it will allow you to choose specific categories that you want to include in your coupon offer.
- If you click on “restrict inventory by rules”, you are given more options about what to include/exclude in the offer.
- When you click on “restrict inventory by SKUs”, you can enter in SKUs or select them individually. SKUs will only be available if you have associated some with your listings. A lot of sellers do not use SKUs.
- If you click on “restrict inventory by item ids”, you can enter in item id numbers or select them individually. Item ids are generated automatically by eBay when you list an item.
- In section 3 you will enter a brief description for your customers to see about what is included in your offer. For example, “All inventory is 10% off. Offer excludes the clearance bin.”
- Section 4 allows you to either schedule when your offer will become active or you can start it immediately. All that’s left to do after that, is click submit.
- Once you click submit, you will be taken back to the promotion homepage, and at the bottom of the page, you will see your coupon promotion.
- Next, click the triangle next to “copy” and then click “view”.
- Go down and copy the “short url” link. That is the link that you will use on your packing slips or give out anytime you want people to be able to access your codeless coupon.
- When your customers type the link into their address bar, they will be taken directly to your store, and the offer will appear as a banner on the screen.
I hope that this will help you in creating more traffic, and even more importantly, to create loyal customers.
View More Ebay Tutorials
As always, hit me up with comments & questions in the comment box below. Click the icons below the post to follow & like, and if you like it, pay it forward by using the share button!
Join the Tribe
Subscribe to the FREE course. You will have access to videos & guides on things that all beginner sellers should know. All for the FREE!