Have you ever wanted to reuse a jar, but couldn’t get all of the adhesive and paper to come off? If so, then this post is for you. I have a thing about not being able to throw away glass jars, probably because I know that it will never degrade and will just take up valuable space in a landfill. I have experimented with different methods to remove labels from glass jars such as putting the jars in the dishwasher and making my own olive oil paste, but this method is by far the best.
- Start by ripping as much of the labeling off as possible.
- Run a fork across the label repeatedly to create tears in it. This helps the Easy Off work better.
- Liberally spray the Easy Off onto the label. I used the fume free, lemon scented one.
- Let the jars sit for about 10 minutes.
- Use the side of the fork to remove the labeling. Repeat step 3 if necessary.
- Clean the jar off with water, dish detergent, and a brush (mine came from The Dollar Tree).
- Voila! Now you’re ready to reuse your jar.